For the purposes of this Policy, access of the Website and the App together with any study material or Test Course or Video Course etc. made available or uploaded therein or downloaded, embedded therefrom shall collectively be referred to as the “Services”.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
- When you use the Platform by way of registration, log in, creation of a user account, purchase of a test series, video course, attempting a mock test, etc. or by way of interaction via third party websites and/or mobile applications or by any other way of communication with the Platform, Institute of Banking Studies may collect your personal identifiable information including name, date of birth, gender, demographic information, photos, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile phone number, credit card or debit card details, geographic location, mailing address, social media account details including list of contacts/friends and examination preference.
- By registering on the Institute of Banking StudiesPlatform, you agree and confirm your consent to providing, Institute of Banking Studies your aforementioned personal information, which is lawful, necessary and permissible. You at all times have the right to discontinue the use of the Platform. Institute of Banking Studiesis not liable to provide you its Services in the absence or your refusal to provide the aforesaid information. Additionally, the Institute of Banking Studies is not liable to ensure or maintain the same quality of its Services to you, as it may for a user who provides all aforementioned information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
- When you visit or interact with the Platform, apart from Institute of Banking Studies certain third party advertisers and/or service providers may use technologies that automatically collect information about you for both transactional (e.g., confirmation of registration, notification of purchase made, etc.) and promotional (e.g., promotions, emails, etc.) purposes. Your information may be collected by Institute of Banking Studies or such third party advertisers and/or service providers in the following ways:-
- Log Files: Every time you visit the Platform, Institute of Banking Studies servers automatically receive log information from your browser and device that was used to access the Platform (such as IP address, device ID, details of your network operator and type, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed). This enables us to validate you as a User, to understand your usage of the Platform and helps us to make changes and updates most suited to your needs and interests.
- Mobile Device: When you register your mobile device or use the mobile device to access the App, In addition to the aforesaid, Institute of Banking Studies will also collect device information such as mobile device ID, model and manufacturer details, operating system etc. for the purpose of improving the App’s overall functionality and displaying content according to your preferences.
- Cookies: Cookies are data files placed on your device, used to keep track of information such as your interaction with social media websites, the content you click on, download, upload or share and other activity on the Platform etc. in order to improve your experience of the Platform by personalizing it to your preferences and usage trends.
- Web Beacons: Web beacons are transparent graphic images used in our email communication to you, in order to understand customer behavior and improve the overall quality, functionality and interactivity of the Platform.
- Mobile Analytics: Mobile analytics software is used by Institute of Banking Studies to better understand and customize the functionality of the App’s software on your phone. This is done by collecting information such as your frequency of the App’s usage, the features you prefer to use on the App, where the App was downloaded from, Device Id, name of other mobile applications on your device, etc.
- Public Forums: Any information that is disclosed by you in the comments section becomes published information and Institute of Banking Studies shall not be held liable for the security of the same or any persona information that you disclose herein. You agree to exercise caution when disclosing any personal information or personally identifiable information in this regard.
- Please note that we only use the aforesaid information to communicate with and/or improve the Service and to better understand our users’ operating systems, for system administration and to audit the use of the Service. We do not use any of the aforesaid data to identify the name, address or other personal details of any individual.
LINK TO THIRD PARTIES
SHARING OR DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- As a strict policy we will not disclose, share or exploit your information with anyone without your permission.
- However, we may mandate under law or under contracts to make certain limited disclosures under the following circumstances:
- Legal Necessity: Institute of Banking Studies may share any of the aforesaid information, including your personally identifiable information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information, without obtaining a separate consent from you, if and when such information is requested or required by law or by any court or governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of verification of identity, or for the prevention, detection, investigation of any criminal activity, or for prosecution and punishment of offence.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
- We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to or from the Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
- We keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements.